Lisa

Lisa

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Firsts...Chicken Chili - Soup Good for The Soul and Easy on the Tummy

Chicken Chili  I posted my first recipe to SparkPeople. It is a wonderful resource website which is truly free! It was started in 2001 and here is a little SparkPeople History. I have been a member for a long time and it is a great support and very informative site. There are SparkPeople teams for everybody. I am a regular visitor and occasional commenter. I read a lot. So thought I would share that I made a big step by posting my own recipe. Hope you enjoy it! It is healthy and of course Soup is Good for The Soul!

Chicken Chili

  • Ingredients

    2 Chicken breasts, diced with bone and skin removed - or - canned, diced chicken  

    4 Cups Swanson, Natural Goodness Chicken Broth 1 Cup Chopped, sweet onion or dried onion flakes to equal

    1 15 oz. Can Pregresso Cannellini (white kidney) beans  

    1 16 oz. Can Bush Garbanzo or Chick peas  

    1 10 oz. Can Mild Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chilis  

    2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin  

    2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder 


Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook for three hours.

Makes about 8 servings

Great with a little grated cheddar and jack cheese and tortilla chips.

This is a lightly spiced soup which can be enhanced to tastes.

Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 8
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 243.8
  • Total Fat: 2.1 g
  • Cholesterol: 34.2 mg
  • Sodium: 924.5 mg
  • Total Carbs: 32.4 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 8.6 g
  • Protein: 25.5 g 

5 comments:

  1. Yum... that sounds good. Since I am not a bean lover, I wonder if barley would be good with this? I bet it would!

    Btw, pretty blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw a egg nog link on your ads and I lost it! A searchin' we will go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found it! http://folgers.com/enjoy-coffee/drink-recipes.aspx?gclid=CNfT-Jbf858CFQcNDQodKTNcXw Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting Paula. Yes, I think you could substitute for beans. Corn would be good in this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been a member of Spark too, but I never go there...lol. Sounds like a delicious chili. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete